Support the arts! We are looking for a dynamic, results-driven Account Executive with experience selling digital or print advertising to help us grow.
This is a commission-only position. This person will actively seek arts, culture and other local companies who seek further market traction and a greater audience for their locally-focused businesses and activities. Earn uncapped commission and work directly with small business owners to create successful and sustainable marketing plans to help their businesses grow.
WHO YOU ARE
You are creative, personable and client-focused. You love meeting people and proactively reach out to ensure client satisfaction/retention while also prospecting and closing new business. The ideal candidate has a desire to bring on new business and hit sales quotas, and loves the challenges that come with outbound prospecting in a competitive market.
- Unearth new sales opportunities through networking and turn them into long-term partnerships.
- Present products to prospective clients.
- Close potential sales within publication deadlines.
- Remain in contact with the clients to measure the success of their advertising campaigns and present new sales opportunities.
- Receive and submit advertising copy to Publisher by publication deadline.
- Negotiate agreements and keep records of sales and data.
- Organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships.
- Enthusiastic and passionate about the arts and local community.
- Access to high-speed internet and phone.
- Experience in sales/customer service role is a plus.
- Proficiency in basic computer software; knowledge of Google Drive or Dropbox is a plus.
- Clean driving record and reliable transportation are a must.
This is a commission-based position. The Account Executive will be compensated on a percentage of their sales. Commissions are uncapped and earning potential is limitless. List of potential contacts will be provided upon hire to maximize immediate earnings. Starting stipend may be negotiated DOE.
The Account Executive is an independent contractor, and will set their own schedule. They will report directly to the Publisher. Sales materials will be provided to the Account Executive by the company. OLY ARTS and its parent company OlyWorks, LLC do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, age, or disability.
OLY ARTS, the South Sound’s premier multi-platform arts and culture publication, is dedicated to coverage of the amazing theater, arts and culture our communities create. Our arts and culture coverage reaches up to 30,000 readers each month in Thurston, Pierce, South King, Mason and Lewis counties.
Few cities in the nation – even fewer in the Pacific Northwest – enjoy the diversity of theater, arts and creative expression we are so privileged to experience right here at home.
We are seeking additional freelance contributors with knowledge of the South Sound arts and cultural scene. We are specifically looking for writers who specialize in theatre, music, visual arts, film, food, events or local culture.
Community contributors are paid a flat fee per article, not per-word or by pageviews. We believe in building a culture wherein artists and writers are paid fairly for their work. Community contributors must be 18 or older.
If you’re interested in contributing, please complete the form below. If you’ve published in local or regional newspapers, magazines, or other publications, deliver two tear sheets of your published journalism to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply here. All content should be 100% original, written by you and not published in any other publication. All articles are accepted for review, but the most successful articles are locally-focused and are 800-1200 words. DO NOT USE THIS FORM TO SUBMIT PRESS RELEASES. EMAIL PRESS RELEASES DIRECTLY TO THE PUBLISHER.