In 2016, Arts Walk took place on these days:
- Friday, October 7 (5-10 p.m.)
- Saturday, October 8 (noon – 5 p.m.)
Think of Arts Walk as a weekend-long street party, with live music, theatrical performances and the conversion of downtown Olympia into one big gallery. It’s a showcase for the best of local arts and culture, a highlight of Thurston County’s cultural calendar. Take your time and enjoy every last stop on the tour, punctuated by nibbles and drinks from Oly’s best eateries. We bet you’ll find art that’ll make you doubly glad you’re a resident of one of the Pacific Northwest’s cultural capitals.
The twice-annual Arts Walk celebration has grown to include hundreds of participating artists and up to 30,000 attendees enjoying visual and performing arts in the streets of Olympia.
- Read our overview of Arts Walk Events and Venues
- Read OLY ARTS’ Arts Walk picks below
- More from the City of Olympia Arts Commission
- Download a PDF map of Arts Walk
- View an online map of Arts Walk
- Use an interactive map of Arts Walk on your phone
Full-color Arts Walk maps with listings of venues and artists are available now at participating locations including The Olympia Center in downtown Olympia.
The history of Arts Walk in Olympia began in 1990. The first event was organized by Jeanne Allan in conjunction with the Olympia Film Festival. After a starting lineup of 21 businesses and other venues, the Arts Commission began managing Arts Walk in 1991. Fall Arts Walk has been a two-day event since 2011.
Here were OLY ARTS Arts Walk picks for Fall 2016: